When reading documents:
What relevance from this reading can I apply to my work?
for example, skim and find the important sections
As a group, list 5 key terms or concepts associated with the reading
How does the article define narrative, fact, and their relationship?
- stories with fact are more relatable and help the audience see the purpose
- allows for more memorable speech
- does require to know who the audience is
How does the reading shape the way you think about your own research/writing?
it shows that writing needs to have some personality, instead of being a straight list of facts. By including some commentary and a story, readers will be more engaged and they will remember and understand your wiring more.
Who is the audience for this reading?
academics, those looking to improving research
Is it a good article or not?
- the article discusses writing more engaging papers, and this paper is seemingly… not too terribly engaging.
- So, although the point is made, it fails to live up to its own ideas, so its a decent article, but it isn’t amazing, but it definitely isn’t terrible as well.